Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fall Fashion Trends Go Vintage

Part of the reason I love vintage is that I don't feel like I'm a slave to the trends of the moment. Dressing unique and wearing pieces with a story not only make me feel beautiful, but there's also a comfort in knowing that they will never go out of style and will never have to be tossed into the Goodwill pile. While flipping through this week's People magazine's quarterly edition "Style Watch," I read the top ten list of this Fall's trends, and decided to challenge myself to see if all these trends could be done with a vintage flair. After all, trends of the past always return.

Below are my online vintage finds, so be inspired and have a trendy Fall!


1.) Bold Red. Here Twiggy is wearing a sweater dress in this season's must-have color.


2.) Luxe Ponyhair. This 1960's purse is being auctioned off on eBay.


3.) Southwestern Prints. With a belt like this 1970's one, you can wink at the trend without looking like Pocahontas.


4.) Feminine Menswear. This Annie Hall look filled the fall runways last spring.


5.) Chunky cropped cable knits. Natalie Wood charms the eye in this red sweater number.


6.) Heeled loafers. I would love to rock these with a mini dress...or denim...or cropped pedal pushers...or just about anything.


7. Midi dresses. These mid-calf nylon secretary dresses paired with knee high boots are perfect for an autumn seventies feel. Working 9 to 5 never felt so fun!


8.) Metal chokers. This 1960's silver number is being sold on etsy.com.


9. Structured bags. Although I love a roomy boho bag, I prefer a structured bag because it gives a neat and tidy look to even the most casual of outfits.


10.) Mixed material coats - leather and faux fur. This Patti Boyd coat screams 1970's glamor and I personally can't wait to snag one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment