Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Vintage Tip Tuesday III

Sometimes I get too excited. I find a piece that I so badly want to wear, and washing it would entail going to the bank to get quarters and then spending time down in my apartment building's basement laundry room guarding my load to deter the Hollywood thieves lurking about. There are days that I'm either lacking the time or the patience to put into washing a great piece I found at a local vintage or thrift shop, so I just throw it on and call it good. The problem? It's not wise to wear a used unwashed item. Why? You could end up with a terrible rash like myself. This last week I donned a pretty scarf, and ended up with red welts decorating my neck. They're itchy and must I say, quite unattractive. If only I had taken the time to put that scarf into the wash on the gentle cycle or even soaked it in the sink using hot water and my own detergent, I wouldn't be coating my head base with Cortizone cream to stop the itching. Tip of the day? Wash all vintage items you buy before wearing them!!!





1 comment:

  1. OH SNAP! That looks painful. I've had that happen to me! Not fun!

    ReplyDelete