Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Vintage Tip Tuesday VII

Being a make-up artist for 7 years, I have loads of make-up and a lot of brushes. My brushes used to be kept in mason jars until I found a couple of lady head vases at the Fairfax flea market. The vases bring a feminine vintage elegance into my vanity area. After purchasing the vases especially for my brushes, I thought they would look so lovely elsewhere. They make a charming holder of pens and pencils as well as a snazzy flower pot. I love that whatever is stored in them makes the ladies appear to be wearing a crazy fabulous British hat. They have become a little more difficult to find lately since collectors have swept many of them up, but they can be found on eBay and etsy.com. Although there are many different styles--some quite elaborate with textured hair and pearl earrings--I prefer the simple porcelain version with the metallic gold outline.










No comments:

Post a Comment